Just when you think it can’t get any better, the Völkl R&D team will prove you wrong – as with the Deacon V.WERKS edition.
The premium model with 84 mm under the boot and a weight of just 1,830 grams (177 cm length w/o binding) features Völkl’s innovative tailored carbon tips and tails. Never before has it been possible to distribute power to the tip and tail in such a precise way while also offering full dynamics and impressive liveliness. The carbon fibers are no longer integrated as a uniform fleece but added through a stitching process in such a way that their orientation and strength are perfectly tailored to the functional requirements of each ski section. As the most important areas of a slope ski are the tip and tail, these are the areas with the highest concentration of carbon fibers, offering a fantastic liveliness and dynamic on all pistes with only minimal skier effort.
The ski is built with our innovative 3D Radius sidecut technology. This makes it possible to optimally tailor the tip and tail rocker design to the three interconnecting radii for excellent smoothness and stability at the highest speeds and in demanding piste conditions.
To increase the power transmission and shock absorption qualities even further, the Deacon V.WERKS comes with a 0.7mm thick Titanal frame that surrounds the most stressed tip and tail areas. This highly complex technical structure enables a brand-new combination of liveliness and speed stability. The IPT Lowride binding system is lighter than its predecessor and has been carefully integrated into the ski body for impressive power transmission. If you’re looking for a highly versatile, incredibly powerful, super light, and extremely sporty all-mountain ski for smooth rides in all conditions, the Deacon V.WERKS is a must for your shortlist.
- 3D Radius Sidecut - Three radii in one ski for maximum turning & speed versatility in all-mountain skiing.
- Carbon Fiber Functional Placement - In this construction carbon fibers are no longer incorporated as a uniform fleece. They are integrated through a stitching process in such a way that their orientation and strength meet the functional requirements of each part of the ski. As the tip and the tail are the most influential sections on a ski the carbon fibers are concentrated exactly in these areas. As a result, the power transmission is extremely precise and liveliness and energy are accessible with minimal effort.
- Rocker Type - XTD Tip & Tail Rocker – Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- Core - 3D Hybrid Multilayer Core – A very dynamic wood core with a combination of hardwood, poplar, beech, and isocore in the center and a super light hardwood poplar mix in the outer areas. The 3D Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore can be found in the Deacon V.Werks
- Turning Radius - 15.0m @ 177
- Tail - Partial Rise
- Terrain - All-Mountain, Freeride
- Binding DIN Range - 5-13
Bindings Do Not Come Mounted to Skis! – Be sure to have a certified binding technician mount and adjust your bindings before hitting the slopes!