Just when you think it can’t get any better, the Völkl R&D team proves you wrong – as they have with the Deacon V.WERKS edition. The premium model with 84 mm under the boot and a weight of just 1,830 grams (177 cm length w/o binding) features Völkl’s innovative tailored carbon tips and tails. Never before has it been possible to distribute power so precisely to the areas under the most load while retaining a ski’s full dynamism and agility. The carbon fibres do not constitute a uniform fleece but are arranged instead across the body of the ski using a stitching process, with their orientation and strength tuned to the requirements of each point on the ski. The way a ski behaves is determined very much by the properties of its tip and tail, so they are the areas with the most carbon fibres. The result is remarkably agile, responsive performance on any slope, with minimal effort. The ski is built using our innovative 3D radius sidecut technology. This makes it possible to optimally tailor the tip and tail rocker design to the three interconnecting radii for excellent smoothness and stability at the highest speeds and in demanding piste conditions. To increase the power transmission and shock absorption qualities even further, the Deacon V.WERKS comes with a 0.7 mm thick Titanal frame that surrounds the most stressed tip and tail areas. This highly complex technical structure produces a completely new combination of liveliness and speed stability. The IPT Lowride binding system is lighter than its predecessor and has been carefully integrated into the ski body for impressive power transmission. If you’re looking for a highly versatile, powerful, super-light, high-performance all-mountain ski for smooth rides in all conditions, the Deacon V.WERKS is a must for your shortlist.
- 3D Full Sensor Woodcore - A very dynamic woodcore with a combination of hard wood, poplar, beech and isocore in the center and an super light hard wood poplar mix in the outer areas. The 3D Full Sensor Woodcore can be found in the Deacon V.Werks, Deacon 84 & Deacon 80.
- 3D Radius Sidecut - Three radii in one ski for maximum TURNING & SPEED VERSATILITY IN ALL MOUNTAIN SKIING LONG TIP & TAIL RADIUS Usage of long radii at tip and tail for big turns and high speed // easy steering and maneuverability // disruption resistant at the tip // no radius limitation and ease of turn exit TIGHT CENTER RADIUS Usage of shorter radius in the center for short turns and lower speed // extremely easy to initiate short turns // strikingly agile // effortless and smooth in short turns.
- 3D.Glass - Compared to classic glass constructions the three-dimensional and multiple-folded glass layers in the tip and in the tail area result in an increased edge grip and a more vivid rebound behavior in turns. 1 3D.GLASS IS INTEGRATED IN THE TIP AND TAIL OF THE SKI // flat glass under the binding making the center softer // variable turning at any speed 2 GLASS ABOVE THE SIDEWALL //providing additional support for superior edge grip on icy slopes 3 VERTICAL GLASS IN TIP & TAIL AREA //more pop for faster edge to edge changes.
- 3D.Ridge - Central Woodcore Ridge with superslim wings to significantly reduce weight and swing weight and keep the stability where necessary. Our 3D.Ridge technology - is probably the most extreme and effective construction technique that currently exists. It has become a symbol of VÖLKL lightweight construction. The distinctive characteristic of this technology is a raised central ridge that sharply levels out towards the edges, both in front of and behind the binding. This reduces the inertial mass around the fulcrum to a minimum and significantly enhances the agility of the ski. At the same time, the center ridge allows for a precise dimensioning of the hardness distribution, which leads to an especially harmonious flex on the ski. Despite the weight savings, the 3D.Ridge ensures that there are no compromises in the ski‘s durability and elasticity.
- Base P-Tex 4504 - A sintered, ultra-high molecular polyethylene base with an extremely high density. Besides a great wear resistance and perfect wax absorption the P-Tex 4504 is extremely fast and exclusively used on our top of the line and race models. The material has been upgraded with special additives to make it thermal and electro-conductive and proves its qualities with premium glide and maximum speed in races.
- Tailored Carbon Tips - In this innovative manufacturing process the new Tailored Carbon Tips are produced by embroidering the individual carbon fibers onto a carrier material. This allows them to be positioned exactly along the stress lines, opening up completely new possibilities, for performance at the front of the ski, which has a decisive influence on the handling of the ski. The stiffness, torsion and thus the skiing characteristics can be specifically adjusted via the fiber thickness and millimeter-precise alignment. In this way, the fibers guide the dynamics to the areas of the ski where they are needed. The visibly integrated Tailored Carbon Tips are light, allow an agile shovel reaction with less effort and quickly build up energy. The Tailored Carbon Tips thus reach a new level of precision, direct tip response and active skiing pleasure.
- Titanal Frame - More damping and stability over the full length of the ski Power on the Edge Strength for the mounting platform Damping over the full length Light & strong carbon tips.
- Binding DIN Range - 4-13
Bindings Do Not Come Mounted to Skis! – Be sure to have a certified binding technician mount and adjust your bindings before hitting the slopes!