If you don't want to compromise choosing the right slopes, if you want to be on top of your game in every snow condition, you need to take a closer look at the Deacon 80 with tip & tail rocker. Built with 3D.Ridge and a 3D.Glass construction this ski features Völkl's 3D radius sidecut technology to make you feel at home anywhere you ski. It lifts the carving performance of the ski into another dimension. The new LowRide XL binding with GripWalk compatibility offers an extra low stand height for a super direct feel and power transfer.
- 3D.Glass - 3D.GLASS is Völkl’s development to furthermore improve overall ski performance and stability even in critical snow conditions. Compared to classic glass constructions the three-dimensional and multiple-folded glass layers in the tip and in the tail area result in an increased edge grip and a more vivid rebound behavior in turns.
- 3D Radius Sidecut - Three radii in one ski for maximum turning & speed versatility in all mountain skiing.
- 3D.Ridge - Central Woodcore Ridge with superslim wings to significantly reduce weight and swing weight and keep stability where necessary. Our 3D.Ridge technology - is probably the most extreme and effective construction technique that currently exists. It has become a symbol of VÖLKL lightweight construction. The distinctive characteristic of this technology is a raised central ridge that sharply levels out towards the edges, both in front of and behind the binding. This reduces the inertial mass around the fulcrum to a minimum and significantly enhances the agility of the ski. At the same time, the center ridge allows for a precise dimensioning of the hardness distribution, which leads to an especially harmonious flex on the ski. Despite the weight savings, the 3D.Ridge ensures that there are no compromises in the ski‘s durability and elasticity.
- Powered by Steel - A steel layer in the ski provides very good durability, controlled flex, and smooth skiing at faster speeds.
- Multi-Layer Woodcore - The combination of beech and poplar results in an extremely durable wood core composed of hard wood in the binding area and lighter wood around.
- IPT Lowride XL Bindings - Especially for wider skis: 10mm lower stand height for increased agility and better edge grip.
- Binding DIN Range - 4-13
Bindings Do Not Come Mounted to Skis! – Be sure to have a certified binding technician mount and adjust your bindings before hitting the slopes!