The Blaze series, which was successfully launched last year, is being expanded to include a new model with four lengths and 86 mm under the boot. In addition to the proven 3D radius sidecut, the Blaze 86 is built with a full tip-to-tail wood core. This not only trims the weight and makes the ski more lively, but also eliminates the need for plastic panels – a small but positive environmental aspect. The 86 model also comes with elasticated, rubbery suspension elements on the edges of the tip and the tail, which act as a bumper in wind-blown or unfavorable snow conditions and not only offer more resistance to disruption but also deliver great flotation.
The Blaze series is generally designed for fast, short turns. However, the three different radii, especially in combination with the full hybrid multilayer wood core, are designed for every riding style and can handle even the most ambitious use. From the all-mountain skier who wants to go off-piste, to the classic free-rider or touring skier who will put up with an extra 100 g of weight for significantly improved skiing performance, the Blaze 86 is a top recommendation!
Thanks to its lightweight, the Blaze is also used as a freeride touring ski. To this end, Völkl also offers Smart Glue skins that have been perfectly tailored to each Blaze model.
- Sidewall - Full Sidewall - Direct and strong power transmission with full-length sidewalls.
- Rocker Type - Tip & Tail Rocker – Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- Core - Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore - The extra-light hybrid multilayer wood core is a very complex core that is used in the Blaze. Light and very stable poplar and beech woods individually weighed and selected by weight before gluing are used in this wood core. In the tip-to-tail construction, the wood extends to the tip of the blade and end, giving them the sophisticated combination of good stability and low weight. In the center of the core, a CNC-milled Isocore area contributes to the optimal liveliness and dynamic development. All in all, this design allows the stability of the ski to meet the high demands of a freeride ski, and this at a weight that is only slightly higher than that of a touring ski.
- Turning Radius - 15.0m @ 173
- Tail - Partial Twin
- Terrain - All-Mountain, Piste/Groomers