The introduction of the Mantra marked the beginning of Völkl’s powerful freeriding ski line – for those who want to ride free without any restrictions but with the full control of a sporty all-mountain design. The new Blaze series now adds yet another dimension to the idea for intuitive freeriders who appreciate a playful ride coupled with agile and sporty maneuverability. As the widest model in the line, the Blaze 106 weighs 1,772 g (@ 186 cm) and delivers fantastic flotation, even in soft snow. A 0.3 mm thick Titanal binding platform provides direct power transfer and a fast pressure build-up from one edge to another. You will particularly benefit from the ski’s faster and more direct reaction in narrow and rough terrain – and with less effort. The Blaze has been primarily designed for short, fast turns but the three different radii together with the tip-to-tail hybrid multilayer wood core adapt to any riding style how ever ambitious.
A further notable new feature is the suspension tip, which makes its debut in the Blaze series. The elasticated, rubbery material on the tip and tail acts as a bumper in wind-blown or tracked conditions. It also improves resistance to disruption and provides fantastic flotation. Thanks to its lightweight, the Blaze skis are also used as freeride touring skis. To this end, Völkl also offers Smart Glue skins that are tailor-made for each Blaze model.
- Sidewall - Full Sidewall - Direct and strong power transmission with full-length sidewalls.
- Rocker Type - Tip & Tail Rocker – Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- Core - Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore – The extra-light hybrid multilayer wood core is a very complex core that is used in the Blaze. Light and very stable poplar and beech woods, individually weighed and selected by weight before gluing, are used in this wood core. In the tip-to-tail construction, the wood extends to the tip of the blade and end, giving them the sophisticated combination of good stability and low weight. In the center of the core, a CNC-milled Isocore area contributes to optimal liveliness and dynamic development. All in all, this design allows the stability of the ski to meet the high demands of a freeride ski, and this at a weight that is only slightly higher than that of a touring ski.
- Suspension Tips & Tails - Inserts made of elastic TPU material on the edges of the tip and tail which act as a bumper in wind-blown or tracked snow. Its shock-absorbing elasticity ensures better stability and catch-free float.
- 3D Radius Sidecut - Three radii in one ski for maximum turning & speed versatility in all-mountain skiing.
- Base - P-Tex 2100
- Turning Radius - 19.0m @ 186
- Tail - Partial Twin
- Terrain - All-Mountain, Freeride