While filming for Rough Around the Edges the production crew was digging through the RIDE archive boxes. Since these boxes hold the entire history of the brand, you’d think they would be labeled and organized. In true RIDE fashion, they aren’t. Rifle through these boxes and you’ll find old catalogs, never before seen photos, prototype designs, and original artwork for some of the most iconic RIDE graphics. Maybe even some stuff that would warrant an immediate “cease and desist” if we put them on boards today. Look hard enough and you’ll even find this original Ron Lemen painting, designed specifically for Russell’s board. Long story short, Ron painted this in the early ‘90’s for Russell, and it never saw the light of day. Until now. Pulling straight from the archives, we’re happy to share the newest Russell Algorhythm.
- QUADRATIC SIDECUT - Blending of three radii to improve turn initiation/exit while providing the best grip possible. This design is uniquely formulated for each model based on its shape and riding style.
- PRE-CURED GLASS FIBERGLASS - USA-made pre-cured fiberglass optimizes glass to resin ratios to create the most consistent flex pattern possible. No other glass provides this level of stability and control.
- PERFORMANCE CORE - High strength Aspen is combined with Bamboo and lightweight Paulownia wood to provide the perfect balance of strong and light.
- CARBON SLIMEWALLS - This totally unique sidewall combines layers of Slimewalls® material and carbon strategically placed at the inserts out to the contact points in the tip and tail on a twin, and the back inserts to the contact points in the tail on a directional board. This exclusive tech enhances the charging rider’s experience as we have moved the carbon pop construction to the outside edge for better stability and enhanced response.
- ROLL-IN CONSTRUCTION - Unique 3D structure built around our urethane Slimewall® sidewalls. Designed to increase overall board strength, prevent topsheet chipping, and reduce weight.
- CARBON ARRAY LAMINATES - This power distribution technology provides total board control in every stance location. Widespread carbon stringers placed at the binding zone gather input from any stance width and all pressure angles. Rider input is then channeled to the opposing contact point for maximum board control. Offered in two levels of technology, 3 & 5.
- IMPACT PLATES LAMINATES - Added underneath each binding area to improve compressive strength and prevent board breaks where it matters most. Offered in two levels, Single and Double.
- TWIN STANDARD CAMBER - A true twin shape hybrid profile that has more rocker than camber.