The MTNPIG is the most aggressive of the Pig series boards. The MTNPIG is designed for long arch high speed turns. Ride the MTNPIG in your standard board length, unlike the rest of the pig series we don't suggest sizing down on this model. The mountain pig doesn't have the quick turn initiation of the other pigs as it is designed to excel at high speed in wide open terrain. She will turn, but she's plenty happy straight-lining the entire mountain. The half-moon tail shape helps the tail sink in deep snow while providing a long effective edge increasing overall edge hold for sketchy situations. Tapered Linear Quadratic Side-cut allows for smooth turn initiation and powerful support through the turn without losing grip. Carbon Slimewalls® enhance response and stability. Carbon Infused Glass provides extra pop. The MTNPIG is running wild and fast through the mountains growing fat on powder and should only be approached by an advanced rider that isn't afraid to point it. This board is also a favorite for our team riders looking for a big backcountry jump board because it's stiff, fast and stable.
- Shape - Directional
- Profile - Directional Hybrid Camber - A directional shape with a hybrid profile that has more camber than rocker.
- Glass - Hybrid - Triaxial on top, biaxial on base; balanced torsional flex and stiffness for better response with speed.
- Sidewall - Slimewalls®, Roll-in Construction, Carbon Slimewalls® - RIDE’s exclusive Slimewalls® are forgiving and ductile, absorbing impacts rather than defending against them. Just like your skate wheels, the urethane in Slimewalls® smoothes the interaction with the snow, wood or metal surfaces you may ride on. On top of all that, these babies are virtually indestructible, the most durable sidewalls in snowboarding.
- Base - Sintered, Stone Finish - High-end sintered 4000 Ptex base material that is more durable, harder and faster than extruded.
- Core - Performance™ - High strength Aspen is combined with Bamboo and lightweight Paulownia wood to provide the perfect balance of strong and light.
- Sidecut - Linear Quadratic - A directional sidecut utilizing Quadratic curvature from the tip to the rear insert pack, then progressing into a linear section into the tail. This creates smooth catch-free turn initiation and powerful support through the turn exit without losing grip.