The Machete offers all-around performance, at home in any condition this shape is tested and approved by snowboarders all over the world. The hybrid rocker camber profile provides camber between the bindings for snap and response with a slight rocker at the tip and tail to make it catch-free in harder conditions while providing float in softer snow. The twin shape makes it perfect for freestyle progression all over the mountain. This year we worked with snowboard legend and culture icon Trevor Andrew on the graphic www.troubleandrew.com. A Quadratic Sidecut improves turn initiation/exit and edge grip. Carbon Slimerods® 1.0 have carbon for pop and a slime-core to smooth out the landings. Carbon Array 3™ provides extra pop without adding stiffness. Slimewalls® provide a smoother ride and increase durability. The Machete is a mid-flexing twin suited for all levels of riders looking to stand out with an iconic graphic.
- Shape - Twin
- Profile - Twin Hybrid Rocker - A twin shape with a hybrid profile that has more rocker than camber.
- Glass - Biaxal - 90° and 0° angles, fun and forgiving.
- Sidewall - Slimewalls®, Roll-in Construction - RIDE’s exclusive Slimewalls® are forgiving and ductile, absorbing impacts rather than defending against them. Just like your skate wheels, the urethane in Slimewalls® smoothes the interaction with the snow, wood or metal surfaces you may ride on. On top of all that, these babies are virtually indestructible, the most durable sidewalls in snowboarding.
- Base - Sintered, Stone Finish - High-end sintered 4000 Ptex base material that is more durable, harder and faster than extruded.
- Core - Performance™ - High strength Aspen is combined with Bamboo and lightweight Paulownia wood to provide the perfect balance of strong and light.
- Sidecut - Quadratic - Blending of three radii to improve turn initiation/exit while providing the best grip possible. This design is uniquely formulated for each model based on its shape and riding style.