The Maelstrom is taking snowboarding back to its roots, with a few new-school twists. This tapered, directional, cambered board is meant for cruising, carving, floating through pow, and charging steeps. Comfortable all over the resorts, the Maelstrom offers the edge control of a traditional, old-school feel, by adapting modern technology like added traction bumps along the edges and a hybrid directional camber profile for smooth turn initiation and exit.
- Directional Camber, Rocker Nose - Rocker in the nose leading into traditional camber under foot. Float effortlessly through powder and lock-in on groomers.
- Stiff 8/10 Flex - Powerful, snappy, and stable. Directional flex.
- 2X Traction Bumps - Extra edge contact points to give your board more edge control and stability, especially in icy conditions.
- 2X Basalt Stringers - A replacement for carbon fiber with similar characteristics; 2 straight Basalt Stringers are strung tip-to-tail to increase pop for jumping, torsional snapback for smoother carving AND stability at speed by damping those nasty vibrations.
- Sintered Base - Accelerates quickly, carries speed, stays strong, smooth and durable.
- BIO-Resin - Composed of bio-renewable materials from the industrial waste of the paper pulp and bio-fuel industries, bio-resin removes materials from waste streams and gives the board a snappy and lively feel!
- Recycled Materials - Recycled bases, sidewalls and edges.
- Sustainable Wood Cores - Locally sourced, sustainably harvested wood cores.
- Digi-Print Topsheet - Lacquer-free, matte finish topsheet; direct digital print with non-toxic, solvent-free inks.