K2 Special Effects Snowboard | 2024
Couldn't load pickup availability
Delivery & Shipping
Delivery & Shipping
- Please allow 3-7 business days for delivery.
- We get orders shipped out the next business day if ordered by 12PM PST.
The 2024 K2 Special Effects is a soft snow specialist that can hold its own on groomers, hardpack, and long traverses out to the soft stuff. The nose features 8mm of contour from heel to toe, making it easier than ever before to plane out in deep snow while providing predictable turn initiation regardless of snow or terrain type. This contour helps to deflect snow and slush, eliminating drag, and acting like a plow at the tip of your snowboard. We harness the strength of our tri-wood blend Bambooyah™ Core and wrap it with our ICG™ 10 Carbon Fiberglass - featuring ten tip-to-tail carbon stringers--for an extremely strong, damp, and stable feel. Our Volume Shift™ design philosophy means you can downsize the board 4-10cm from your usual board length without sacrificing float while increasing maneuverability. Underfoot, the tough-as-nails Sintered 4000 is fast, durable, and holds wax much better than extruded base materials. Lastly, our Hybritech™ Sidewalls are the most durable sidewall construction on the market, meaning this pow hunter will remain in your quiver for years to come.
Bambooyah™ Blended Core - Renewable and stronger than hell. Bamboo possesses a higher tensile strength than steel and withstands compression better than concrete, and that’s why these boards come complete with a five year warranty.
- Directional Rocker Profile - An all-purpose profile designed to the be perfect companion for the all-terrain snowboarder. Directional Rocker Profile has medium-rise rocker in the tip, flat in the middle of the board, and low-rise rocker in the tail, allowing for effortless turns on hardpack and ample float in soft snow and crud.
- Volume Shift™ - Volume is moved from the tips and tails of traditional snowboard shapes and placed underfoot where it can be better controlled. This makes a wider, shorter design that maintains the same float and stability of a traditional board, but increases mobility and maneuverability. Size down 4-6cm from your usual snowboard length.
- ICG™ 10 Triaxial Carbon Glass - Integrating tip-to-tail carbon fiber stringers into fiberglass layups ensures a smooth power release in and out of turns while increasing pop, liveliness, and longevity of the snowboard without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- Sintered 4000 Base - The sintered 4000 base absorbs wax deep into the material for relentless glide and unrivaled durability.
- 3D Nose Contour - 3D contour (spoon) that is gradually blended from the running sur-face deflects soft snow, eases turn initiation, while remaining predictable on hardpack.
- 2x4 Insert Binding Mounting - 2x4 Insert packs allow for secure binding mounting while optimizing stance-width options.
Time-tested, secure, and stable.