K2 Special Effects Snowboard | 2023
The K2 Special Effects is a soft snow specialist that can hold its own on groomers, hard pack, and long traverses out to the soft stuff. The nose of the board features 8mm of contour from heel to toe, making it easier than ever before to plane out in deep snow while providing predictable turn initiation regardless of snow or terrain type. This contour helps to deflect snow and slush, eliminating drag, and acting like a plow at the tip of your snowboard. We harness the strength of our tri-wood blend Bambooyah™ Core and wrap it with our ICG™ 10 Carbon Fiberglass - featuring ten tip-to-tail carbon stringers--for an extremely strong, damp, and stable feel. Our Volume Shift™ design philosophy means you can downsize the board 4-10cm from your usual board length without sacrificing float while increasing maneuverability. Underfoot, the tough-as-nails Sintered 4000 is fast, durable, and holds wax much better than extruded base materials. Lastly, our Hybritech™ Sidewalls are the most durable sidewall construction on the market, meaning this pow hunter will remain in your quiver for years to come.
- Bambooyah Core - Renewable and stronger than hell. Bamboo possesses higher tensile strength than steel and withstands compression better than concrete, and that’s why we offer these boards complete with a five-year warranty.
- ICG™10 Glass w/ Carbon - Integrating tip-to-tail carbon fiber stringers into fiberglass layups ensures a smooth power release in and out of turns while increasing the snowboard's pop, liveliness, and longevity without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- Sintered 4000 Base - Our Sintered 4000 base absorbs wax deep into the material for relentless glide and unrivaled durability.
- Volume Shift - We’ve moved volume from the tips and tails of traditional snowboard shapes and placed it underfoot where it can be better controlled. This makes a wider, shorter design that maintains the same float and stability of a traditional board, but increases mobility and maneuverability. More slashing and better lines in the trees are now a reality.
- 3D Contour Nose - 8mm of convex 3D contour (spoon), gradually blended from the running surface into the nose of the board to float like hell and maintain a predictable feel on hardpack.
- 2x4 Insert Binding Mounting - 2x4 Insert packs allow for secure binding mounting while optimizing stance-width options.
Time-tested, secure, and stable.
- Flex - 7/10
- Board Shape - Directional