K2 Excavator Snowboard | 2023
Named for its intended use, the K2 Excavator specializes in digging deep trenches on groomers and displacing powder after the storm cycle. Built around a mid-wide outline with a dual-radius sidecut, the K2 Excavator snowboard caters to the advanced level rider looking for a directional snowboard to carve on groomers and float in the soft snow. The wider profile of the Excavator allows riders to size down 5cm from their usual snowboard size and allows you to get all of the performance out of a longer board without the extra swing weight. This extra width and 20mm of taper benefits riders with wider feet, reducing any “booting out” on those deep corduroy carves and long traverses. Inside the Excavator, we use our renewable S1 Core to keep it responsive and damp underfoot, and top it with our ICG™ 10 Biax Glass with tip-to-tail carbon stringers. This technology lets us keep the snowboard relaxed torsionally for easy turn initiation, but also helps to add snap over the entire length of the board. We’ve also added our pre-cambered Carbon Power Forks™ in the tail to help for an energy boost into and out of turns and those spontaneous “Slow Sign” ollies. All of this tech is sandwiched between a durable Carbon Infused 4001 Sintered Base and a snow-shedding SnoPhobic™ topsheet that keeps the whole package fast and light.
- S1 Core - Smooth flexing and durable enough to pack a five-year warranty, the S1 Core is made from three renewable timber species - Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia. Aspen and Bamboo work together to highlight the snap and response of this wood and a Bamboo-dominant underfoot section at 30° to increase strength, supercharge the edge-to-edge response, and increase the pressure distribution along the edge. We’ve also placed lightweight paulownia in the tip and tail to help to reduce swing weight.
- ICG™10 Glass w/ Carbon - Integrating tip-to-tail carbon fiber stringers into fiberglass layups ensures a smooth power release in and out of turns while increasing the snowboard's pop, liveliness, and longevity without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- Wax-Infused Sintered 4001 Base - Built using the hardest and fastest Sintered base material on the market from Crown, the Wax-Infused Sintered 4001 holds wax longer than other Sintered bases for a smoother glide, longer.
- Carbon Power Fork™ - Pre-cambered Carbon Power ForkTM additives are strategically shaped to offer a more significant response and energy return by increasing the width toward the tail, allowing for more material to be engaged and creating more energy the harder the tail is flexed. Add Snap to Ollies, Increase Edge Pressure, and Give Energy In and Out of Turns.
- Sno-Phobic Topsheet - This directional fiber top sheet sheds snow and keeps extra weight off your board, reducing fatigue.
- 2x4 Insert Binding Mounting - 2x4 Insert packs allow for secure binding mounting while optimizing stance-width options.
Time-tested, secure, and stable.
- Flex - 7/10
- Board Shape - Directional