Our flagship premium freeride model is truly the sum of its parts, and is purpose-built for aggressive freeriding on steep and varied terrain. We built the K2 Alchemist with premium materials featuring a fully cambered profile and the stiffest flex in our snowboard line. Let’s talk tech. The soul of the Alchemist is its lightweight, renewable S1 Core, its increasing the edge pressure. Our Spectral Braid™ uses a carbon weave with tighter angles in the tip and tail and more obtuse between the inserts to precisely tune the torsional flex and give the Alchemist unmatched stability in all conditions. Our SpaceGlass™ tip insert cuts weight from the nose while adding durability, and looks damn cool doing it. Carbon Power Forks in the tail give the board snap into and out of each turn, and adds just the right amount of stiffness for big landings and drops. Our SnoPhobic™ top sheet technology sheds snow to keep the board fast and light, and our Carbon Infused 5500 Sintered Base - our fastest and most durable base material - takes an absolute beating and straight up hauls ass. There is no doubt, this board is the real deal. An aggressive directional snowboard built by obsessive snowboarders for obsessive snowboarders, the Alchemist is at home in any terrain and ready to be unleashed on every chute, drop, or pow stash you can find.
- S1 Core - Smooth flexing and durable enough to pack a five-year warranty, the S1 Core is made from three renewable timber species - Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia. Aspen and Bamboo work together to highlight the snap and response of this wood and a Bamboo-dominant underfoot section at 30° to increase strength, supercharge the edge-to-edge response, and increase the pressure distribution along the edge. We’ve also placed lightweight paulownia in the tip and tail to help to reduce swing weight.
- Spaceglass™ - An American-made Aerospace grade precure fiberglass core insert used to provide unmatched structural performance at reduced weight. SpaceGlass™ inserts increase edge hold along contact points, reduce chatter, and provide unequaled durability.
- Spectral Braid - Spectral Braid is a first-of-its-kind variable angle reinforcement (Patent Pending) that allows for precision-tuned torsion and flex by altering the fiber orientation along the length of the snowboard. Lively, energetic, and remarkably composed; K2’s Spectral Braid delivers stability and control in spades while remaining hyper-maneuverable.
- Wax-Infused Sintered 5500 Base - Built using the hardest and fastest Sintered base material on the market from Crown, the Wax-Infused Sintered 5500 holds wax longer than other Sintered bases for a smoother glide, longer.
- Carbon Power Fork™ - Pre-cambered Carbon Power ForkTM additives are strategically shaped to offer a more significant response and energy return by increasing the width toward the tail, allowing for more material to be engaged and creating more energy the harder the tail is flexed. Add Snap to Ollies, Increase Edge Pressure, and Give Energy In and Out of Turns.
- Sno-Phobic Topsheet - This directional fiber top sheet sheds snow and keeps extra weight off your board, reducing fatigue.
- 2x4 Insert Binding Mounting - 2x4 Insert packs allow for secure binding mounting while optimizing stance-width options.
Time-tested, secure, and stable.
- Flex - 9/10
- Board Shape - Directional