Riding the biggest lines and landing the biggest tricks requires precision, focus, and the right equipment to safely unstrap at the bottom. To meet the demands of team riders like Pat and Sage, the K2 Alchemist snowboard integrates all of our premium technology and is the result of extensive testing and an obsessive desire to design the most capable freeride snowboard on the market.
Our flagship model is truly the sum of its parts. Meticulously constructed with premium materials, the directional K2 Alchemist features a fully cambered profile and stiff flex that’s built to stack up to any terrain on the planet. We start with our lightweight, sustainably harvested Bambooyah™ Pro Core for unmatched durability, strength, and damping. Our Spectral Braid, a patent-pending technology that utilizes various geometric carbon compositions to precision tune the torsional flex, gives the board unmatched stability in all conditions. The Carbon Power Fork in the tail gives the board snap into and out of each turn, and adds stiffness to land the biggest drops. We use Tweekend™ on the nose of the board for a predictable, catch-free feeling on every turn, and combine it with our proprietary Space Glass™ construction to cut weight from the nose while adding durability to withstand the harshest mountain terrain. The whole package is sandwiched in triaxially braided fiberglass, and we use our Carbon Infused 5500 Sintered Base, our fastest and most durable base material, to get you down your line in one piece.
There is no doubt, this board is the real deal. An aggressive directional snowboard built by obsessive snowboarders for obsessive snowboarders, the K2 Alchemist is at home in any terrain and ready to be unleashed on every chute, drop, or pow stash you can find.
- Rocker Type - Directional Camber - Camber between the feet and a slight rocker in the tip gives you all of the power and energy of a cambered snowboard, but with a little extra float on those deep days.
- Core - Bambooyah™ Pro - Our all new Bambooyah™ Pro Core takes a decade of bamboo cores and takes it up another notch. Equal parts performance, renewable, and durable, we’ve blended three different species of wood to create the most premium core in our offering. Bamboo and aspen are placed at 30 ° underfoot to supercharge the edge to edge response and increase the pressure distribution along the edge. We’ve also placed lightweight paulownia in the tip and tail help to reduce swingweight and complementary tip to tail bamboo stringers help with snap, stability, and damping.
- Base - Carbon Infused 5500
- Profile - Rocker / Camber
- Shape - Directional
- Terrain - All-Mountain, Powder