With legendary status as an all-terrain slayer and too many accolades to name, The Black Snowboard of Death has been continually morphed and modified in pursuit of perfection. The only element that has remained the same over the years is the name itself. This iconic CAPiTA series is packed with technology integrating post-consumer recycled plastics into an extraordinarily lightweight and powerful core alongside a Carbon Fleece Power Shield™ and Amplitex™ V-Tech Amplifiers. The contemporary Black Snowboard of Death features a slightly wider frame with tighter sidecut arcs and Death Grip™, a reverse sidecut arc in the midsection that enables the shape to whip into quick turns. With a well-balanced directional shape and high-powered construction, this custom-designed rocket ship allows for incredible control, making you a better snowboarder in variable terrain and changing conditions.
ALPINE V1 PROFILE – The ALPINE V1 Profile design features mid-body camber with a flat tail and a reverse cambered nose. This allows for tons of pop and stability on hard pack while increasing float and landing power, improving the rider’s performance in deep snow. The camber runs longer in the tail—providing extra power for the ascent or for larger riders drawn to a dedicated wide series.
- NEW AGE DIRECTIONAL - NEW AGE DIRECTIONAL sidecuts are progressive sidecuts, which also incorporate a reverse sidecut arc in the midsection of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc provides a point of contact to retain control throughout the turn and is affectionately referred to as DEATH GRIP™.
- THERMOPOLYMER HOVER CORE™ - Enhanced with bonded post-consumer recycled Thermopolymer channels into ultra-lightweight select grain wood core strips, the THERMOPOLYMER HOVER Core™ is extremely light and strong with excellent dampening properties.
- CARBON FLEECE POWER SHIELD™ - With two Carbon Fleece power pads underfoot, maximum thrusting power is achieved for ollies and stability under varied-terrain while torsional forgiveness allows for ease of command in battle.
- SIDEWALLS - Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- HOLYSHEET™ TRI/BI FIBERGLASS + MAGIC BEAN™ RESIN - Developed over a three-year span, this advanced resin system has a bio-content of 60% renewable, agricultural raw material. It is plant-based and does not compete with primary food sources and is produced with no waste or greenhouse emissions. In production, it has a low-temperature requirement with a high-yield output. This resin system is poppy, powerful, and extremely durable. MAGIC BEAN™ resin yields much stronger and more rigid qualities allowing us to decrease the wood core thickness. Our focus is to save wood core weight by increasing resin performance. This means you get a lighter board while achieving a higher energy return.
- AMPLITEX™ V-TECH AMPLIFIER - Amplitex™ is a next-generation natural flax fiber woven with carbon strands that is featured in high-end snowboard constructions. This fusion tape brings the best of two worlds: the reactive energy of carbon and the lightweight and dampening aspects of flax. The two fibers are highly compatible since they have similar properties regarding thermal expansion and failure strain, creating a uniformly flexing reinforcement that's light, snappy and durable all in one.
- HYPERDRIVE™ ADV BASE - Custom formulated and exclusive to The Mothership, our engineers have worked tirelessly with the world's leading polyethylene running base supplier to create HYPERDRIVE™. With exceptional anti-friction proper- ties due to high molecular mass and specialized pro-cessing aids, this sintered material has a proprietary composition and is beyond fast. Our loyal fans charge hard, and we have integrated the fastest, meanest base available.
- MOONSHOT OMNI-TUNE™ - Aftermarket performance stone grind structure straight from The Mothership, optimized for regular and switch riding.
- INLAID ALLOW SKID PLATES - Reinforced with an ultralight skid plate, refined and reshaped to shave weight.