CAPiTA Navigator Snowboard | 2023
Riding powder is like hiking into a backcountry camping trip. Once you're past the trailhead, if you have the right gear, there's nothing better. If you have the wrong stuff, there's nothing worse. The Navigator is your fire starter; it is your compass that never fails. It is essential to the experience. For 2023, this powder annihilating series has been upgraded with a lightweight and versatile P2 Superlight Core™, a new Powder Drive™ base. The Navigator returns with its proven inlaid cork dampeners die-cut into custom-modified forward sections to dampen vibrations common with oversized powder shapes. Retaining a Parabolic sidecut and sinking tapered tail to swim through the soft stuff, the wide-frame rockered nose naturally floats above deep snow. The resulting shape transforms tiring powder days into emotionally fulfilling, epic-level experiences.
- Camber - Alpine V1 Profile – The ALPINE V1 Profile design features mid-body camber with a flat tail and a reverse cambered nose. This allows for tons of pop and stability on hardpack while increasing float and landing power, improving the rider’s performance in deep snow. The camber runs longer in the tail—providing extra power for the ascent or for larger riders drawn to a dedicated wide series.
- Core - FSC Certified P2 Superlight Core™ – The P2 SUPERLIGHT CORE™ is an extremely lightweight core engineered to withstand high impact and deliver maximum pop. Comprised of an even mix of Poplar and Paulownia wood, the P2 is FSC® Certified and ready to dominate in any environment.
- Sidewalls - Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Base - Powerdrive™ Base – Dynamic and durable, easy to maintain, and reliable, this base material is electric through the trees and fast over the flats. Exclusively formulated for the wide chassis of the Spring Break powder division these bases were made with the powder lifestyle in mind.
- Profile - Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- Shape - Directional / Parabolic Sidecut – A PARABOLIC sidecut consists of a mirror-symmetrical curve. In snowboard terms, this design creates a board with a deeper sidecut and a quicker turning point in the center compared to radial arcs.
- Terrain - All-Mountain, Powder