CAPiTA Black Snowboard of Death Snowboard | 2023
With legendary status as an all-terrain slayer and too many accolades to name, The Black Snowboard of Death has been continually morphed and modified in pursuit of perfection. The only element that has remained the same over the years is the name itself. For 2023, this icon of CAPiTA's history has been upgraded again with an all-new Thermopolymer Hover Core™, integrating post-consumer recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate into ultra-thin strips of Poplar and Paulownia to form an advanced hybrid wood core. Combining this extremely lightweight and powerful core with a Carbon Fleece Power Shield™ and Amplitex™ V-Tech Amplifiers aligns the board's feel with the anytime, anyplace, all-mountain design mantra, which made it famous from the beginning.
- Camber - Alpine V1 Profile - The ALPINE V1 Profile design features mid-body camber with a flat tail and a reverse cambered nose. This allows for tons of pop and stability on hardpack while increasing float and landing power, improving the rider’s performance in deep snow. The camber runs longer in the tail—providing extra power for the ascent or for larger riders drawn to a dedicated wide series.
- Core - Thermopolymer Hover Core™ - Enhanced with bonded post-consumer recycled Thermopolymer channels into ultra-lightweight select grain wood core strips, the THERMOPOLYMER HOVER Core™ is extremely light and strong with excellent dampening properties.
- Sidewalls - Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Base - Hyperdrive™ Base + Moonshot Omni-Tune™ - Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene, custom-engineered with special additives. Rated for the most depraved speed junkies ONLY.
- Profile - Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- Shape - New Age Directional - NEW AGE DIRECTIONAL sidecuts are progressive sidecuts, which also incorporate a reverse sidecut arc in the midsection of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc provides a point of contact to retain control throughout the turn and is affectionately referred to as DEATH GRIP™.
- Terrain - Freeride, All-Mountain