With legendary status as an all-terrain slayer and too many accolades to name, The Black Snowboard of Death has been continually morphed and modified in pursuit of perfection. The only element that has remained the same over the years is the name itself. For 2022, this icon of CAPiTA's history has been upgraded again with a new FC Hover Core™ featuring Forged Carbon Rods integrated under the core. This placement shifts compression and expansion properties to yield increased response furthering the anytime, anyplace, all-mountain design mantra which made it famous from the beginning. The contemporary Black Snowboard of Death features a slightly wider frame with tighter side cut arcs and Death Grip™, a reverse sidecut arc in the midsection that enables the shape to whip into quick turns. With a well-balanced directional shape and high-powered construction, this custom-designed rocket ship allows for incredible control—making you a better snowboarder in variable terrain and changing conditions.
- Camber Type - ALPINE V1 PROFILE - The ALPINE V1 Profile design features a mid-body camber with a flat tail and a reverse cambered nose. This allows for tons of pop and stability on hard pack while increasing float and landing power, improving the rider’s performance in deep snow. The camber runs longer in the tail—providing. extra power for the ascent or for larger riders drawn to a dedicated wide series.
- Core - NEW! FC HOVER CORE™ - Enhanced with Forged Carbon rods integrated beneath its core, the FC HOVER Core is extremely light and strong with excellent dampening properties.
- Additives - NEW! FORGED CARBON INTEGRATION UNDER CORE + 4 x 30mm AMPLITEX™ AMPLIFIERS + CARBON FLEECE POWER SHIELD™ + DEATH GRIP™
- Sidewalls - Full ABS1000
- Base - HYPERDRIVE™ BASE - Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene, custom-engineered with special additives. Rated for the most depraved speed junkies ONLY.
- Profile - Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- Shape - Directional
- Terrain - All-Mountain, Freeride, Powder