Sammy’s holy grail. We set out to build Sammy a powder twin tip that is stable enough to charge exposed lines and take big hits with maximum confidence yet light enough for foot-powered backcountry access. A strategically enhanced Caruba Core allows these concepts to merge while the rockered Pin Tip and Tail guarantee quick turn initiation, reduce drag, and further lower the swing weight. Lightweight and stable, but offering plenty of release when needed, the Whitewalker perfectly compliments Sammy’s laid-back, surf-inspired style that’s peppered with sudden bursts of all-out aggression.
- AR75 Sidewall - Sidewalls provide improved edge pressure under the boot, while cap construction in the tip and tail provides smooth turn initiation and less hookiness - 75% sidewall, 25% cap.
- Caruba Core - Armada's lightest wood species creates the best uphill feel while retaining the power and dampness required for descending in the gnarliest of terrain. This core makes no concessions in its quest to be ultralight.
- AR Freestyle Rocker - Rockered tips and tails are combined with positive camber underfoot to allow the ski to charge with ease through unpredictable snow and maintain a solid carve when asked to do so. Turn the whole mountain into your playground.
- Comp Series Base - Sintered UHMW polyethylene with added carbon aids in speed and durability on snow.
- 1.7 Lightweight Edge - Light and strong, these heat-treated edges effect the feel of the ski minimally to ensure a snappy, lightweight feel.
- Smeartech - A 3D beveled base in the tip and tail creates a unique feel in all snow conditions. Less likely to catch in crud, self-centering in deep snow, and uncatchable on takeoffs, Smear Tech lets you float effortlessly whether sliding forward, backward, left, or right.
- 183 = 1800g
- 192 = 1925g