The perfect backcountry partner is someone who is up for anything and will never let you down whether the conditions are all time, apocalyptic or something in between. Sounds a lot like the Locator 104. Multi-day hut trip in your future? The lightweight construction will keep you going on the skin track. Blower pow in the sidecountry? Ample rocker and a blended tail shape let you point it down the fall line or throw it sideways in bottomless snow on demand. When you need one ski with a soft snow focus that can do it all with predictable performance, the Locator 104 is ready.
- Caruba Core - Armada's lightest wood species creates the best uphill feel while retaining the power and dampness required for descending in the gnarliest of terrain. This core makes no concessions in its quest to be ultralight.
- EST Freeride Rocker - Forebody rocker and extra tip taper combine to create EST for optimized float in the soft stuff. Positive camber under foot with no tail rocker ensures these skis stay on rails when carving is the priority.
- Comp Series Base - Sintered UHMW polyethylene with added carbon aids in speed and durability on snow.
- 1.7 Lightweight Edge - Light and strong, these heat-treated edges effect the feel of the ski minimally to ensure a snappy, lightweight feel.
- TI Binding Dampener - Below the binding, a sandwich of rubber, titanal, and finally more rubber works to dampen vibration that otherwise chatters into your bots and shortens your day. Ski bell to bell with extra damping provided.
- Carbon Reinforcement - Specially placed carbon stringers add pop and stiffness without adding weight.
- 162 = N/A
- 170 = N/A
- 178 = 1425g
- 186 = N/A